As a parent—and as principal of Fort Myers Christian School—I have been very excited and impressed with the Creative Arts Academy. It has been a blessing to see my daughter’s progress with the guitar and great to see over 30 of our students involved in this program. I would highly recommend that you look into this program for your son or daughter. It is a great investment!
Hello, everyone! As things have begun to reopen, we feel we can safely offer lessons by taking new precautions and measures in accordance with recommendations from the CDC and our government authorities. Pricing will be the same as normal, and Courtney will bill for four lessons at a time. We ask that you prepay these invoices in full upon receipt. Here are some changes in our protocols:
- Each room and surface will be deep-cleaned and sanitized each day. Instructors will use sanitizer to wipe down doorknobs, surfaces and instruments in between students as well.
- Instructors will wear masks; it is preferred that students (other than voice) wear masks, but not required.
- Everyone will be required to use hand sanitizer provided at our doorway upon entering.
- The waiting room will not be available for use during this time, nor will you sign in. It will be the responsibility of the teacher to record the lesson on their attendance sheet, and we will trust you to keep accurate records in case there is a discrepancy. As always, you are welcome to wait in the room while your student is instructed. Or, you may drop them off at the glass door, but please don’t leave any student unattended at the door. Make sure they are in the care of the instructor before you release them. We also ask that you be at the glass door or the bottom of the stairwell promptly at the close of the lesson, so that this doesn’t delay the instruction schedule.
- We have ordered infrared TOUCH-LESS thermometers and these will be used to check student temperatures upon arrival. We ask that you would please cancel your lesson if you have been exposed to someone sick or are feeling sick in any way. Students must be fever-free for 72 hours.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and consideration during this time. Some of these policies will be temporary; others we will adopt permanently. Your support of our academy is more appreciated than we could ever fully express. Teaching is the sole livelihood of many of our instructors, and being able to resume lessons is an immense blessing to them.
If you have any questions about any of this, feel free to contact your instructor, or you may contact Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our purpose is simple. First, we want to be a place where God-given talent is fostered and every student and their family are touched by God’s love through us. Secondly, we desire to be a dynamic center for quality instruction in a safe, Christian environment with highly, qualified and caring instructors.
We offer private lessons in music—voice, piano, guitar,drums, bass, strings, brass, and woodwinds. Our classes are available to the Southwest Florida community, kindergarten-age through adult.
Parents are welcome in any lesson, but we also have a comfortable waiting area for families with rehearsal keyboards, toys/books, cable television, and free Wi-Fi.
SWFL Creative Arts Academy is committed to providing:
Hear from our parents…
– Mel Mitchell
Principal of Fort Myers Christian School
I entered my daughter, Maggie, in piano lessons in the summer… Maggie is mildly autistic, and I needed to find a teacher who would have the patience and skill to work with her. Liz Jarrett was recommended to me by a parent … Since starting piano with no music reading skills and no instrument experience, Maggie’s musical skills have taken off. In fact, we’re fairly certain she has perfect pitch. We’re going to keep her in piano at this time, but there’s a chance we may switch to violin so she can control the pitch of her own instrument. We have Mrs. Liz to thank…!
– Kathy Grey
My 2 children have been students at SWFCCA for a year now and it has been such a blessing to them and to our whole family! Their teachers are providing high quality instruction as well as opportunities to use what they learn in performances and community service. Best of all, they really care about their students! I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for quality music instruction in a safe and caring Christian environment.
– Donna Arcentales
The SWFL Creative Arts Academy is a ministry of First Assembly of God, Fort Myers, Florida. Our desire is to train and develop leaders in all areas of the arts. We offer private lessons, for children and adults, designed to meet your learning style and level.